DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SIA SECURITY COURSES AND SIA LICENCE
Click to Book a Course
In line with the Security Industry Authority’s documentation requirements, Approved Centres may accept the following forms of identification
- Two identity documents from the revised Group A list. At least one document must show the candidate’s current address and at least one document must show their date of birth;
- One identity document from the Group A list and 2 documents from the group B list. At least one document must show the candidate’s current address and at least one document must show their date of birth.
Group A and Group B
When you take an SIA Qualification or apply for an SIA licence, you will need to provide documents that prove your identity and you may need to provide documents that prove your address. The documents are categorised as Group A or Group B.
Are you short of documents or need guidance Contact Us
- Signed valid passport of any nationality
- Signed valid UK photo driving licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence are required) *
- UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- GB issued driving licence photo card ( not valid if issued by DVLA Northern Ireland)*
- UK adoption certificate
- Valid EU photo ID card
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed valid UK paper driving licence
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate, with translation if not in English
- UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth, but not a photocopy
- Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society
- 2nd Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old from a different provider to 13
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable,) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only use one utility bill in support of your application (mobile phone contracts are NOT accepted)
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can use more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority
- 2nd letter from different provider to 21
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer
- 2nd credit card statement from different provider to 23
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months
- Child benefit book issued in last 12 months
- NI issued Driving license photo card ( issued by Northern Ireland DVLA)*
- Driving license paper counterpart issued by DVLA Great Britain or Northern Ireland.*
If you wish to work in the security industry in any capacity as a door supervisor, security guard,cctv operative, cash and valuables in transit operative or key holding you would require having any of the following documents in Group A or Group B.
You are also required to provide two passport size photographs with a light background. If you do not have the photographs on the first day of training please arrange to provide the same on your second day of training, if you are doing more than one course or training you shall require additional photographs depending upon the number, of courses, you are taking.
Documents required for SIA (Security Industry Authority) linked qualifications
As per SIA instructions in order to sit for the examinations which lead to an SIA qualification the learners are required to ensure that the documentation is complete. It is your responsibility to have these documents with you, you are required to ensure that you have the documents as per the list mentioned above during your examinations. If you do not have the documents during your examinations you would not be able to sit in your exams. We may pose a penalty to carry forward your exam which may be up to the full amount of the course fee. Should you have any question please call us on 0203 691 4127.